Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Possibly the worst way ever to leave this mortal coil

Aaaaand I'm back.

Hoo. The updates got away from me there for the past . . . what, since August of oh-ten. I believe the idea is to put something on here more frequently than every 8 months.

I was on a black ops mission. Real hush-hush. Didn't have a secure line to update the site and couldn't compromise the mission. But I've managed to elude the border guards in a certain unstable country and smuggle my way out in a container full of toaster ovens. So democracy is safe once again and I can resume the important work of posting here items of great relevance.

So. Where was I. Oh yes. I went back in the photo annals to pick up where I left off and found this dispatch torn from a newspaper that I got from the recycling center as fire-starter for my wood powered hot tub.

Thank the stars this story caught my eye, otherwise you and I would both have missed the -- no. I can't make sport of this. It's tragic. More than that. Horrible. The stuff of nightmares. Except nobody would think up such a thing.

He did not go doing what he loved.

A guy isn't seen for a while. Reported missing. Digging activity in backyard. Man located inside septic tank. Cause of death: accidental drowning.

I mean . . .

"No evidence of foul play," could have taken the day off in this case.

How deep is that septic tank?

That's all I got. I could dwell on this, but would rather not.

Good day.

No comments: