Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Driveway Rage

Battery-powered Jeeps rank very high in the awesomest-ever Christmas gift index. Very high. Nieces Claire and Anna must have done something right this past year because Santa kicked down for one of these prized plastic chariots.

I'm envious and considered stealing it, but Claire somehow sensed my plan and ran me off with this look:

Yikes.

I believe Claire could run a grizzly bear off with that expression. Or an army. Or star in a movie, co-starring a priest.

Anna looks like she just wants it all to be better.

To be fair, I brought this on by teasing the girls. Lifting up the back of the Jeep so it wouldn't drive and so forth and then asking them to make a scary face. Uncle stuff.

But asking for a scary face is one thing – downloading your Christmas photos a week or so later and finding results like this made me reach for heart pills I don't even have a prescription for.

I'm guessing Claire will score high on nonverbal communication if her school tests for such things.

Here's a smiley one, after I asked them for a non-heart-stopping scary face:

 So cute.

And I like this shot a lot, of Mom pedaling her bike while we were having our driveway fun run.

No comments: