Monday, January 30, 2012

A Tale of Two Kitchens

 If I were to be a building contractor, I'd have to specialize in glaciers. Because that's the pace my construction projects generally go at.

Here's the current state of my kitchen:

 The paprika? It's right over there behind the Shop Vac.

Yes, new counters sounded great and all, but now my house has sawdust topsoil on every surface and my hurry-up renovation has stalled out as more important matters crop up. Like fishing. I've got to go fishing today, which is way more important than having a kitchen. 

So Justin Bohannan stops by and mentions he did a kitchen project recently. It looks like this –

 And it's going in this –

A playhouse for his daughter. I'm happy for her. Really, I am. Quinn, you have a nicer kitchen than I do and if you don't mind I'd like to come over and visit and, I don't know, make something to eat besides microwave burritos and peanut butter toast, which is what I've been subsisting on.

No comments: